Celebrating Apple Day
October 21, 2022
In celebration of Apple Day, EFC’s Customer Technologist has shared with us her very own apple cake recipe. As it is a firm favourite in the office, we are posting it so everyone can enjoy!
- 6-8 apples (Organic if possible!)
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1.5 cup of sugar
- 1.5 cup of flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Cinnamon ground
- Icing sugar
- Peel and chop 6-8 apples into small pieces
- Heat the oven to 175°C.
- Whisk 6 eggs whites until they become stiff and holds its position in a peak
- Whisk the sugar and egg yolks into the mixture
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix
- Add 2/3 of mixture into the cake tin and layer on the chopped apple. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon then add the remaining cake mixture on top
- Bake for approximately 45 mins
- Leave the cake to cool then sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!